As the world of business communications continues to evolve, companies are seeking solutions that not only streamline operations but also provide reliable and efficient services. This is particularly true for mailroom operations within large organisations that handle a significant volume of post. The IS-6000 franking machine from Quadient (formerly known as Neopost), is designed to meet the needs of such high-volume mailing systems.
This article delves into the features, performance, and overall value of the Quadient IS-6000 to ascertain whether it’s a worthy investment for UK businesses.
Quadient IS-6000 at a glance
|Speed||Up to 260 letters per minute|
|Envelope Feeding System||Automatic|
|Weighing Platforms||Differential weighing; dynamic weighing options available|
|Weighing Capacity||Up to 35kg with available options|
|Minimum Envelope Size||89mm x 127mm|
|Maximum Envelope Size||330mm x 381mm|
|Envelope Thickness||Up to 20mm|
|Connectivity||LAN, Wi-Fi (optional), High-speed USB|
|Touchscreen Display||Full-colour touchscreen, adjustable angle|
|Advertising Slogans and Logos||Customisable, with storage for many slogans and logos|
|Departmental Accounts||Capable of supporting 500 accounts, expandable|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||Approx. 1,638mm x 648mm x 922mm (including stacker)|
|Power Supply||100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, adjustable sleep mode for energy saving|
|Print Quality||Up to 600 dpi, thermal inkjet|
|Job Imprint Memories||Stores settings for frequent jobs for ease of use|
|Postal Rate Management||Digital (remote) rate change software included|
|Barcode Scanning||Optional for easy re-crediting and accounting|
|User Access Control||PIN-secured access with configurable permissions|
Please be aware that the above information is based on the general specifications for the Quadient IS-6000 and might differ slightly depending on the configuration or updates made to the model after the time of writing.
For the most accurate and up-to-date specifications, always refer to the official Quadient product datasheets or contact a Quadient sales representative.
- Takes 2 minutes
- Receive quotes to compare
- Easy and no commitment
Overview of the Quadient IS-6000
The Quadient IS-6000 is a state-of-the-art mailing system that promises to bring enterprise-level efficiency to mail processing. It’s a dynamic solution equipped with the latest technology to handle high volumes of post with precision and ease. The IS-6000 is one of the most powerful and feature-rich franking machines available on the market, specifically tailored for businesses with extensive mailing requirements.
The IS-6000 boasts a range of features designed to maximise mailroom productivity:
- Automatic Feeding and Weighing: With an automatic feeder that can process up to 260 letters per minute, the IS-6000 is built for speed. Its dynamic weighing system accurately calculates the postage for each item, ensuring businesses only pay the required amount.
- Colour Touchscreen Interface: The machine comes with a user-friendly, full-colour touchscreen that simplifies operation and provides easy access to its numerous features.
- Customisable content: Businesses can customise mail items with their logos, marketing messages or QR codes directly from the machine, adding value to every piece of post sent.
- Connectivity and integration: The IS-6000 can be connected to a company’s network via LAN or Wi-Fi, allowing for remote management and ensuring that postal rates are always updated.
- Postal rate management: Quadient’s exclusive online services facilitate the management of postal rates and software updates, ensuring compliance with the latest Royal Mail pricing and regulations.
Performance and efficiency
Efficiency is at the heart of the IS-6000’s design. Its high-speed processing capability does not compromise accuracy, with each item of mail weighed and measured to ensure correct postage. This minimises the risk of overpaying or underpaying for postage, which can lead to returned mail or unnecessary additional costs.
Moreover, the machine’s durability and reliability mean that it can operate for extended periods, essential for businesses with large batch processing needs. Its intuitive interface and customisable settings also allow for a quick setup for recurrent tasks, which can significantly reduce the time spent on mail preparation.
- Give your requirements
- Receive quotes to compare
- Choose a provider or walk away - your choice!
Quadient IS-6000 price – Purchase and rental
When considering the Quadient IS-6000 for your business, understanding the pricing structure is essential. The cost of the IS-6000 can vary based on several factors, including the service plan you select, any additional features you require, and whether you choose to purchase or rent the machine.
|Cost Type||Purchase Cost||Rental Cost (per month)||Additional Notes|
|Base Unit||£10,000 – £15,000||£200 – £500||Includes basic features; higher specs may increase cost.|
|Installation & Setup||£300 – £600 (one-time)||Often included||Training and initial setup; may be waived in some cases.|
|Service & Maintenance||£500 – £1,000 annually||Included||Essential for keeping the machine in good working order.|
|Consumables||Variable||Variable||Ink, labels, etc., will depend on usage.|
|Postage Credit||Prepaid||Prepaid||Businesses pay for postage in advance.|
|Insurance||Optional||Optional||Some businesses opt for insurance against damage/theft.|
The outright purchase of a Quadient IS-6000 franking machine is a considerable investment, with prices typically starting from around £10,000 to £15,000. This cost includes the base system but can increase with the addition of enhanced features or higher specifications tailored to your specific business needs. Purchasing the machine outright is often more cost-effective in the long term for businesses with the capital available and a consistent high volume of mail.
For many businesses, renting a franking machine is a more viable option. It provides the benefits of the IS-6000 without the substantial upfront cost. Rental contracts for the IS-6000 can range from £200 to £500 per month, depending on the level of functionality required and the length of the rental agreement.
Rental agreements usually include service and maintenance plans, which can help mitigate any additional costs for repairs or servicing. It’s worth noting that while rental fees do add up over time, this option provides businesses with greater flexibility and the ability to upgrade to the latest models as they become available.
Regardless of whether you choose to purchase or rent the IS-6000, there are other costs to consider:
- Installation fees: There may be an initial setup cost for installation and user training, which can range from £300 to £600.
- Consumables: Ink cartridges, labels, and envelopes are ongoing costs that will depend on your volume of usage.
- Maintenance and service plans: While some rental agreements include service and maintenance, if purchasing, you may need to pay extra for a service contract to ensure your machine is always in peak condition.
- Postage credit: Franking machines require you to pay upfront for postage credit, which is a variable cost based on your mailing needs.
Customer support and service
Quadient is known for its customer support and service, and this extends to the IS-6000. With a comprehensive service agreement, businesses can expect regular maintenance and prompt assistance in case of any issues. Training is also provided to ensure that users can fully utilise all the features of the machine.
Quadient IS-6000 – The verdict
The Quadient IS-6000 franking machine is a robust, efficient, and intelligent mailing solution suited for businesses that demand the best from their mailroom operations. Its high-speed processing, accuracy, and connectivity make it a top contender in the realm of enterprise mailing systems.
While the initial investment may be high, the potential for cost savings and increased productivity make it an option worth considering for any UK business with significant mailing needs.